Bravo Software Group has taken the RemoteDesk and RemoteCE solution one step further by providing integrated
barcode capabilities. By capturing data
through the use of PocketPC and batch scanning technology, you can bring orders into RemoteDesk. This complements the RemoteDesk Tradeshow solution which includes bar code scanning capabilities, but adds the ability to print the actual bar codes from ACCPAC or Adagio.
The following is a quick overview of the process for a sales rep. The following is an example using the RemoteCE module
loaded on a Symbol
PPT 2700 unit, but you can use any PocketPC with a wand or integrated scanning.
(1) The Sales Rep
will enter a new customer and begin the order taking process. You can enter a customer
name or code for existing customers and bring up all of the customer data such as name, credit limit, terms of payment, etc.
(2) As the customer chooses the items they wish to order, the Rep scans
the SKU number bar-code located on each item.
(3) At this point the scanner retrieves and displays the items, description,
quantity on hand, and the price.
A running total of the order is always available on the unit display.
(4) Upon completion of the order two copies of the sales
order are printed, one for the customer and the other is signed
by the customer as order confirmation.
(5) At the end of the day all of the order information is taken from the handhelds and
e-mailed to Head Office.
(6) Updated customer, order status and inventory is returned via e-mail for the next day.
(7) At Head Office all orders are imported directly into ACCPAC Plus or ACCPAC Windows for processing, eliminating the need to manually re-key.
New Item Number Translator and Bar Code Printing Add-on
RemoteDesk Administrator: $1895-$2495
RemoteDesk Barcode Printer/Item Number Translation... $995.
RemoteCE ...............: $495 per handheld
Go here for detailed pricing structures
More about PocketPCs
PocketPC Technical Issues
|©2003 Bravo Software Group EC, EDI & Internet Integrators Contact|